Thursday, May 14, 2015

Recipe book for my mother




 


 This is a recent project I did for my mother. Her birthday was shortly after mine in March and although I planned to do this for a Christmas present I finally got it done for her birthday. I crafted the entire booklet by hand by cutting paper, painting the illustrations on the cover and gluing it all together. 
Originally my mom has had an old generic recipe book that she started when she was just a little girl but over the years it has turned the color of coffee with all the stains, primarily coffee stains (her favorite). My dad and I spent many hours typing up the illegible recipes then I plugged them into InDesign, re formatting them and enlarging the text so she can read them better. I wanted this to be more than just an updated book so I made sure to add as many little touches as I could including all the delicate paper-cutting and painting.
It now hangs comfortably in our kitchen next to the car keys, I even tried to make it match with the style of the kitchen with all the old rustic pictures and tin signs she loves.
Happy Birthday Mom C: and thanks for all the cookies over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment